Late-breaker abstract submissions now open!
Deadline: 2 June 2021
Please note: Late-breaker abstracts will not be included in the conference booklet, but will be available to view for all registered delegates.
You will have to complete registration to submit an abstract, for registration fees, please click here
Additional abstracts may be submitted at a fee of $25 per abstract (a maximum of 5 abstracts will be allowed per person)
- Abstracts can be submitted by the presenting authors who have registered for the Conference and paid the registration fee.
- The abstracts must be written in English and submitted via this webpage
- There are 4 different types of talks to choose from: Invited keynote talks (25 min), contributory talks (10-15 min), short news talks (3 min with 3 slides maximum), or student’s presentation (3 min with 3 slides maximum).
- The title should be capitalized and concise, but informative.
- The author’s names should be written in the order of first name, given name (if any), family name, affiliations as short as possible, and presenting author’s email address
- The word limit of the abstract main text is 300 words. Do not include figures or tables in the abstract. References are strongly discouraged, but important key references may be included directly in the text (as “first Author, Journal, year” only, or PDMI number)
- Original research is generally recommended.
- The presenting author should contact Vetlink, if more than one abstract will be submitted.
- All co-authors should have accepted the content of the abstract and that the abstract is distributed, published, displayed online, and in the abstract booklet by Vetlink and WSV
- The text needs to be proofread for spelling, grammar and scientific correctness before submission. Corrections after the deadline are not accepted.
- Only abstracts involving virology will be accepted for presentation.
- The organizers will allocate the accepted abstracts into suitable sessions according to the topic or field of virology chosen by the presenting author
- The organizers will notify the presenter if and when the abstract is accepted, and in which session it will be presented.
- The abstracts will be published max one week before the Conference, for attendees to have time to view them.
- The talks will be pre-recorded by Vetlink and displayed online, viewable in non-scheduled sessions for one month by registered attendees, sponsors, keynote speakers and organizers only. Due to the different time zones, there will be no live Q&A session.